-
Cleanup iso
Hello,
Im building iso from a remaster knoppix hdd install. (kn-remaster script)
Every time I create an iso, the iso seems to grow in size. (if I rsync with my hdd install)
So I remove some software (openoffice, /usr/share/doc, brasero, etc) But this does not seem to help.
What can I do to keep the iso below the 700 MB?
(I am using virtualbox)
WJP
-
Did you use my suggestion?
Code:
aptitude purge libreoffic? gimp libgimp2.0 gimp-data \
xsane xsane-common vim vim-common vim-tiny vim-runtime \
libgnome-bluetooth8
You can also carefully use "kn-what" to find very large packages.
Every time I create an iso, the iso
seems to grow in size.
Can you tell us in detail your action of install or purge and what size you get for the new ISO.
-
Hello,
Before the purge the ISO was: 759085056 (760MB). I already remove libreoffice (apt-get remove libreoffice*)
After the purge (following your suggestion) and "Rsync with modifications of HD Installation" the iso is: 747313152 (747MB).
So the iso does seem to get smaller
, but still too large for CD ;-(
Maybe I just have to see how large the ISO is just after I do a clean hdd install. (Before I start doing modifications to my hdd install en run the rsync)
WJP
Last edited by wjp79; 09-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.
-
My values for the ISOs are:
Knoppix 7.0.4CD 712068 KB
after purge (following my suggestion) 630278 KB
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99