Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cleanup iso

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    Cleanup iso

    Hello,

    Im building iso from a remaster knoppix hdd install. (kn-remaster script)
    Every time I create an iso, the iso seems to grow in size. (if I rsync with my hdd install)

    So I remove some software (openoffice, /usr/share/doc, brasero, etc) But this does not seem to help.

    What can I do to keep the iso below the 700 MB?

    (I am using virtualbox)

    WJP

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Did you use my suggestion?
    Code:
    aptitude purge libreoffic? gimp libgimp2.0 gimp-data \
    xsane xsane-common vim vim-common vim-tiny vim-runtime \
    libgnome-bluetooth8
    You can also carefully use "kn-what" to find very large packages.
    Every time I create an iso, the iso seems to grow in size.
    Can you tell us in detail your action of install or purge and what size you get for the new ISO.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Hello,

    Before the purge the ISO was: 759085056 (760MB). I already remove libreoffice (apt-get remove libreoffice*)
    After the purge (following your suggestion) and "Rsync with modifications of HD Installation" the iso is: 747313152 (747MB).

    So the iso does seem to get smaller , but still too large for CD ;-(

    Maybe I just have to see how large the ISO is just after I do a clean hdd install. (Before I start doing modifications to my hdd install en run the rsync)

    WJP
    Last edited by wjp79; 09-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    My values for the ISOs are:
    Knoppix 7.0.4CD 712068 KB
    after purge (following my suggestion) 630278 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset) picture

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)

$18.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$175.00