Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cleanup iso

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27

    Cleanup iso

    Hello,

    Im building iso from a remaster knoppix hdd install. (kn-remaster script)
    Every time I create an iso, the iso seems to grow in size. (if I rsync with my hdd install)

    So I remove some software (openoffice, /usr/share/doc, brasero, etc) But this does not seem to help.

    What can I do to keep the iso below the 700 MB?

    (I am using virtualbox)

    WJP

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Did you use my suggestion?
    Code:
    aptitude purge libreoffic? gimp libgimp2.0 gimp-data \
    xsane xsane-common vim vim-common vim-tiny vim-runtime \
    libgnome-bluetooth8
    You can also carefully use "kn-what" to find very large packages.
    Every time I create an iso, the iso seems to grow in size.
    Can you tell us in detail your action of install or purge and what size you get for the new ISO.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Hello,

    Before the purge the ISO was: 759085056 (760MB). I already remove libreoffice (apt-get remove libreoffice*)
    After the purge (following your suggestion) and "Rsync with modifications of HD Installation" the iso is: 747313152 (747MB).

    So the iso does seem to get smaller , but still too large for CD ;-(

    Maybe I just have to see how large the ISO is just after I do a clean hdd install. (Before I start doing modifications to my hdd install en run the rsync)

    WJP
    Last edited by wjp79; 09-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    My values for the ISOs are:
    Knoppix 7.0.4CD 712068 KB
    after purge (following my suggestion) 630278 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6" Touchscreen i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



WAVLINK Thunderbolt 5 Dock, 13-in-1 TB5 Docking Station with NVMe M.2  picture

WAVLINK Thunderbolt 5 Dock, 13-in-1 TB5 Docking Station with NVMe M.2

$162.98



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$24.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SGIN 15.6

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD

$335.99



Dell Latitude 5591 Hex Core i7-8850h@ 2.6 GHz  15.6

Dell Latitude 5591 Hex Core i7-8850h@ 2.6 GHz 15.6" 16gb NEW 1TB SSD "GRADE A+"

$499.00