-
How do I enable AdBlock in Chromium?
Hi
(Got Knoppix 7.0.2 on hard drive).
Lightspark (alternative to Flash player) causes an error message at most
websites where i want to play/stream a video. And it won't play the video.
["Details" below.]
I understand that Adblock (in Chromium) blocks adverts. It's said that
adverts can cause problems for Lightspark, and that Adblock can allow
Lightspark to work.
SO: I've installed AdBlock (using Synaptic), ie the following packages:
xul-ext-adblock-plus (v2.1-1, latest)
xul-ext-adblock-plus-element-hiding-helper (v1.2.2-1, latest)
But the Lightspark problem is still there. In Chromium (shortly after the
installation of Adblock in Synaptic), Iceweasel popped up with a message
saying something vaguely like "Thankyou for installing Adblock", and it said
you could look at some sort of filter list. I then just exited Iceweasel. I've
read that that "first-time" Adblock action is normal.
But now, there is nothing to indicate whether Adblock is actually enabled when
i use Chromium. I exited Chromium and re-started it to see if there was any
icon to show that it was enabled. But there is nothing shown. I can't see
Adblock mentioned within Chromium Tools/Settings. It's not listed under Plug-ins
or Extensions.
MY MAIN QUESTION: Can you tell me how to ENABLE Adblock in Chromium please?
Adverts seem to continue to appear on web pages, so maybe this indicates that
Adblock isn't enabled. But apparently some ads ARE allowed by Adblock when you
accept the default filter list, which i did.
I realise that the Lightspark problem might not actually be due to the absence
of Adblock. I've checked that I've got the latest version of Lightspark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Details (of screen message when Lightspark can't play a video):
A typical message (on a black screen inside a box) says
"We're sorry, Lightspark encountered a yet unsupported Flash file
SWF file: http://player.hulu.com/videopanel/vi...ferrer=http%3a
%2f%2fre
Cause: Unhandled ActionScript exception".
I got the above message at the site:
http://retrovision.tv/freevideo/lost...965-67-on-hulu
Thanks, John.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1775.56

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac
$25.17

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99