Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: mount hibernated partition

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    mount hibernated partition

    Hi everybody,

    I'm new in using Knoppix Live but I found it great, especially for rescue mission to recover file on windows stuck systems.

    Now I'm trying to save out files from an hdd with Win7 32-bit using knoppix 6.7 live from cd

    but, when I try to open sda2 on knoppix link...it appears the message:

    "Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1:helper failed with:
    Hibernared non-system partition, refused to mount. etc...etc..."

    so i open the LXTerminal and write the recommended line:
    "mount -t ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda2 /media/sda2"
    and it says "only root can do that"

    the PC i'm working on is stucked, his windows version doesn't work anyway, in Safe Mode or other ways is stucked on windows logo.

    I've only to save some photos from hdd and then I'll format and reinstall windows 7...

    I think that last time pc was working it has automatically hibernated himself, maybe when I've close the screen.

    I don't know how to come out from this situation; how can I delete the hibernation status without starting windows? maybe it's working on only command line windows way.

    thanks everybody,

    Alberto

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Greetings, Alberto!

    knoppix 6.7 live from cd
    It might be a good idea to use the latest version (7.0.4) if possible.

    I've only to save some photos from hdd
    I would try photorec first.

    so i open the LXTerminal and write the recommended line:
    "mount -t ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda2 /media/sda2"
    and it says "only root can do that"
    If you really want to issue a command as root you can write 'sudo' before that command.
    Code:
    sudo mount -t ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda2 /media/sda2
    I think that you might destroy some useful data on that partition. Therefore I would create a backup of that partition before it is manipulated by an irreversible process.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server picture

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server

$525.00



Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License

$238.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU,  2x 750w PSU 🚚 picture

USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚

$170.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w

$538.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87