-
Any value in swap file if I have 2 GB RAM? Knoppix 7.0.4
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with 2 GB of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive that has 2 NTFS partitions for windows and a 44 GB FAT32 partition (sda3) from which I run Knoppix 7.0.4 (fromhd=/dev/sda3) with a 4GB persistent image. I boot from a 256 MB USB stick that I created with UNetbootin from the bootonly iso.
My question is this. Since available RAM has not been a problem, is there any value in creating a swap file on sda3 using mkdosswap? If so, how big should it be and should I anticipate any problems?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

2019 MacBook Pro 16” A2141 8-Core Intel i9 2.4GHz 32GB 1TB Radeon 5500M 8 GB
$360.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98