-
Remastering CD Puzzlement
Hello Fellow Remasterers,
I've been wondering why one would go through all the steps,
- swapfile
- all the mounts ("bind" or otherwise).
- chroot
which make the procedure an order of magnitude more
- complicated
- error prone
- lengthy
instead of
- just simply staying in the original environment
- making the desired changes
AND replacing
cp -rp /KNOPPIX/* $PFAD/knx/source/KNOPPIX
with
cp -rp /UNIONFS/* $PFAD/knx/source/KNOPPIX
rsync -aH ...
...
when done setting up the new (to be remastered) system before
the "regular" steps,
genisoimage -input-charset ...
etc.
I'm probably missing something (big), but so far any
remastered CD of v7.0.4 set up according to my wishes
based on the above simpler procedure works without a hitch.
Thanks
P.S.
1. My "wishes" above would be, for example, removing
a few "non-essential" (for me) packages (like cuneiform-common,
smbclient, etc.) to replace iceweasel and make room for
the latest full firefox (15.0.1).
2. I notice some other people have provided "non-chroot" solutions.
They've been harder to follow for me as being graphical (as opposed to command line).
I apologize to the authors for any overlap and any similarities are purely
coincidental.
-
Code:
cp -rp /UNIONFS/* $PFAD/knx/source/KNOPPIX
rsync -aH ...
What about "cp" and "rsync"?
Code:
rsync -aH /UNIONFS/* $PFAD/knx/source/KNOPPIX
will do the job.
I use the new generated ISO only within a flash disk installation and didn't describe, how to build a new remastered CD using "rsync UNIONFS".
But it is also possible to create a CD like your suggestion and omit the use of an USB stick.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Alphonsu
2. I notice some other people have provided "non-chroot" solutions.
They've been harder to follow for me as being graphical (as opposed to command line).
I apologize to the authors for any overlap and any similarities are purely
coincidental.
I don't think you have followed the discussions here very closely, for example following forrester's scripts and developments from that.
I have posted updated scripts, CLI-only. (But I think they might be given a graphical wrapping , too.)
I have successfully used Qemu running the ISO image even doing the whole remastering in a virtual machine. Bypassing any burning or initial installs. But it is faster (and I think simpler and safer) to create a USB install in Qemu, boot that and do the remastering stuff on a mounted HD partition.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00