-
Knoppix on a diskless computer?
Hi all,
I have installed Knoppix on a laptop with a dead hard drive (because I can't afford to put a new disk in and I still want to use the laptop). It seems to work OK but when I go to slashdot (as you do) it gets to a certain point during the page load and the standard "ice" browser breaks up into cubes (ie crashes). Many websites work fine but a lot of them don't. I have a feeling that the browser is trying to write something to the non-existent hard drive and the OS isn't handling the exception correctly.
Has anyone poked around in this area of the code? Is that what is happening.
Could I do a workaround by putting a USB in and somehow pointing the browser to that for it's cookies or whatever it is trying to write?
Regards,
Jack42
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98