dual boot with windows 98 and knoppix I keep the win98 around so I can play XCOM
processor is p3 850 coppermine 384 mb of ram videocard is a trident cyberblade A1
The trident cyberblade videocard has problems with the DDC detect in the bootup so I have to use a static xorg.conf file otherwise the display goes black (the last version of Ubuntu to work with this video card was feisty fawn 7.04)
With a video card this ancient is there any point in trying to get the flash player working? I mean the frame rate might be so slow that watching a flash video might just be an exercise in patience. The laptop will play xvid fine but with a reduced color palette. Other than that the laptop and knoppix get along great. I even managed to get my hands on a PCMCIA USB 2 cardbus so I can transfer files to a stick at a decent rate (USB 1 is slow). One other problem is the laptop doesn't like knoppix DVDs it displays a message saying the media is corrupt. When I run the media in a faster machine there is nothing wrong with the DVD. Any ideas?

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67
Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99