USB ports LOST on an OLD VERY_GOOD_French_kaella_Knoppix5.5_HD_INSTALL
Greetings
I am not very "Knoppix_experienced" but a bit on my "HD_Install_like_the_DVD_option".
I post here because my "problem" (not urgent) seems to have it's place here although not a properly "HD_installation", but an almost "accidented old good" installation.
Moreover it refers to an very old "Knoppix_5" version, "old fashioned" for some people but very good for me yet.
I POSTED ON THE "HD INSTALL FORUM" but I did not remarked the "objectives" of
the two forums...somewhat altogether convenient for my "problem"
I like also Knoppix 7 and the good 6.4.4 one as LIVE Uses.
"THE PROBLEM":
1-I do'nt know how I lost all "usb config ports" after having gone on a website .
I do'nt remember which one exactly:
I was blocked completely
2- At first the file "portablefirefox.exe" disappeared suddenly from his desktop folder!!!!
3- After a new BOOT I remarked on my desktop many "partitions icons" and other icons (DVD, hub
etc...) EVEN when NOT CONNECTED (after every BOOT ...necessarily good boot!)
Impossible to access all partitions but the "DVD"
4- Having a "Like_DVD_HD_Install" I used "root Midnight commander" to copy the LIVE_DVD's
"FSTAB" files in their analog folders on my "HD_Knoppix partition"
5- Now all goes well but without "USB devices" (all types,printer included).
I can access all my "HD partitions" and the CD/DVD's
I find all this very curious.
6- Surely I may save all my data before a new installation.
I can access my installation by othre means also
NOTHING URGENT because I can use my" Knoppix_HD" ... ALMOST NORMALLY".
7- How to REPAIR this "USB problem"? Something to do with "MTAB file"? "some "Config file"? etc...
8- BUT I NEED ONLY AN EXPLANATION ABOUT WHAT WENT WRONG.
I am not often connected on the forum but I come sometimes (at least once a week)
My "bad English" will not help you too much for a good understanding me
Thanks altogether.for your eventual help.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99