I normally use live knoppix from usb flash drive 16gb with 2gb persistente data image.
I wanted to transfer knoppix on samsung 500GB HD (fat32 formatted) that I use as backup, because a lot faster than a USB drive. It works fine and fast.
But it often happens an error on boot
decompressing linux ...: LZMA data is corrupt - System halted
So turn off the computer and restart again but another error during boot:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknow-block (2.0)
So turn off the computer and restart again
Everything works fine again
this behavior "bothers me" !!! I say no more))
it is possible that there is a hardware failure on HD ??? a bad sector ? fat32 ?

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08