-
NEC USB 3.0 problems with 7.0 fixed by 7.04
Hi all,
Just bought a usb 3.0 card based on a NEC chipset at fry's and gave it a spin with knoppix 7.0 that came with linuxpromagazine.
(BYTECC USB 3.0 2 PORT PCIe HOST BUS ADAPTER - BT-PEU310 NEC uPD720200 Chipset for $17.99)
I hooked up my Western Digital 2TB mybook, and was getting strange results: On the left usb 3.0 port I got 40MB/sec transfer rates, on the right usb 3.0 port I got the full 120MB/sec transfer rates. Also it was crashing something when I started plugging and unplugging the usb cable between the different usb ports.
I switched to knoppix 7.0.4 and all of the problems went away. Yay! Got full 120MB/sec transfer speeds on both ports.
I've done a read scan of the full 2TB multiple times on both ports and it looks good. md5sum is your friend for testing hard drives.
dd_rescue /dev/sdd /dev/stdout | md5sum
(be careful with dd, dd_rescue as with incorrect parameters you can erase your disks. They don't call it "disk destroyer" for nothing)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99