-
Junior Member
registered user
7.0.4: Change text mode resolution in "Knoppix 2"
Hello,
I'm booting a PC104 with Knoppix 7.0.4
I always use text mode with "knoppix 2"
Before getting the prompt I noticed knoppix changes the resolution of the screen.
Can you tell how to do it ?
I want to do the same thing with vanillla 3.2.25
Thanks,
Zvika
-

Originally Posted by
zvivered
Hello,
I'm booting a PC104 with Knoppix 7.0.4
I always use text mode with "knoppix 2"
Before getting the prompt I noticed knoppix changes the resolution of the screen.
Can you tell how to do it ?
I want to do the same thing with vanillla 3.2.25
Thanks,
Zvika
try knoppix vga=normal or vga=0 for regular vga text
see this page for more vga mode numbers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions
if you use "vga=ask" or try an invalid mode number , knoppix will offer to "scan" the available mode numbers of your video card and present you with a list (at least that's what I remember...)
Last edited by don999; 10-19-2012 at 09:43 PM.
-
I just tried it, and I notice that knoppix will reinitialize the graphics mode when it does the drm graphics initialization, so you might try the bootcode "nomodeset"
knoppix 2 vga=ask nomodeset
Last edited by don999; 10-20-2012 at 12:41 AM.
-
also you could try the "nodrm" cheatcode
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Software - Ultimate Flight Pack, Ultima Online, School House Rock Mac PC
$33.00

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99