-
Installing persistent USB install to particular HDD partition
So I've recently set up the newest Knoppix 7 Live CD on a USB flash drive, and have to say I am very impressed with its performance and stability vs other distributions I have tried recently. On my hard disk at the moment, I currently have Windows XP installed to one partition, Fedora 17 to an ext4 partition (along with a swap partition set to it) and an ntfs partition for cross-compatible storage space.
When going through the "Knoppix HD Install" option under the "Knoppix" category on my app menu, it seems it wants to completely repartition my hard disk without allowing me to simply tell it to overwrite the Fedora install (hopefully installing GRUB to detect the windows install as well?), having never used 0wn before though I'm not sure.
So my question is, how do I go about simply installing what I have set up on my flash drive to the linux partition I have Fedora already set up on without messing any of the other partitions up? Or at least install a fresh copy of Knoppix to said partition (if saving what I have on the flash drive isn't possible)?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00