-
Installing persistent USB install to particular HDD partition
So I've recently set up the newest Knoppix 7 Live CD on a USB flash drive, and have to say I am very impressed with its performance and stability vs other distributions I have tried recently. On my hard disk at the moment, I currently have Windows XP installed to one partition, Fedora 17 to an ext4 partition (along with a swap partition set to it) and an ntfs partition for cross-compatible storage space.
When going through the "Knoppix HD Install" option under the "Knoppix" category on my app menu, it seems it wants to completely repartition my hard disk without allowing me to simply tell it to overwrite the Fedora install (hopefully installing GRUB to detect the windows install as well?), having never used 0wn before though I'm not sure.
So my question is, how do I go about simply installing what I have set up on my flash drive to the linux partition I have Fedora already set up on without messing any of the other partitions up? Or at least install a fresh copy of Knoppix to said partition (if saving what I have on the flash drive isn't possible)?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Mac OS X v10.2.3 Install Disc 2 and Mac OS X Developer Tools Untested
$17.99