-
Driver Upgrade
I found a Linux driver for my 3Com 3C450. There's no built-in support for my NIC via the Knoppix CD, can I somehow integrate the drivers into the .iso image via a slipstream? I imagine all the drivers are in the "knoppix"[708.495KB] file but I have no idea how to edit/enhance it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Driver Upgrade
--If it's a binary driver, you can ' insmod ' it. If not, then follow the instructions to compile it and then insmod it. (You may have to copy it into /lib/modules/blah somewhere.)

Originally Posted by
xr6vn9z
I found a Linux driver for my 3Com 3C450. There's no built-in support for my NIC via the Knoppix CD, can I somehow integrate the drivers into the .iso image via a slipstream? I imagine all the drivers are in the "knoppix"[708.495KB] file but I have no idea how to edit/enhance it.

-
I too am trying to get a driver to work with knoppix, but it needs to be compiled first. Following the instructions isn't a problem, the problem lies in if you're running off the cd, you can't copy the source to /usr/src. And being a newb, I don't know (and don't want to mess with the shell scripts for compiling. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--If you have >96MB of RAM or so, you can copy things to /ramdisk to compile them. If the script is hardcoded to look in /usr/src tho, you might be able to get some help with ' SCRIPTNAME -h ' or --h or --help. Otherwise you can just copy the script to a backup file, edit the original and change the hardcoded location.

Originally Posted by
Kryptik
I too am trying to get a driver to work with knoppix, but it needs to be compiled first. Following the instructions isn't a problem, the problem lies in if you're running off the cd, you can't copy the source to /usr/src. And being a newb, I don't know (and don't want to mess with the shell scripts for compiling. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.
-
Thanks, I'll give that a try
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM
-
By gecco in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By rozen in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99