OK, this works !!!
# Install Intel Modem Drivers & Set Permissions
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/Modem"
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS2"
cd /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/char
insmod -f 536epcore.o
insmod -f 536ep.o
Good Luck...
I set up an rc.local file to load my modem drivers on
boot-up. Howerever I can't get sudo chmod a+rw /dev/modem to work.
# Install Intel Modem Drivers & Set Permissions
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/Modem
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS2
cd /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/char
insmod -f 536epcore.o
insmod -f 536ep.o
I thought sudo would work, how would you su + Password -
to chmod a+rw /dev/modem .
I tried chmod 1777 /dev/modem from an terminal, but the sticky bit was gone when I rebooted!
Thanks....
OK, this works !!!
# Install Intel Modem Drivers & Set Permissions
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/Modem"
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS2"
cd /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/char
insmod -f 536epcore.o
insmod -f 536ep.o
Good Luck...
You don't need an rc.local, you can use /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
to enter the information.
Will /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh let me run privileged services such as apache, mysql, ntpdate, etc? If so, this is what I have been looking for in debian. rc.local is a redhat thing, and was very handy for easily setting up autoexec.bat items on a linux boxen
Regards,
~paul
Certainly will that's how I start apache, my firewall, set my hdparm, etc...Originally Posted by pau1knopp

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99