-
Knoppix ver. 7.0.4
Hi I just received a version 7.0.4 DVD Knoppix from OSdisc. I love it, put it in place of ununtu 12.10 as it is much more complete. Has wine installed with it. It will even run World of Warcraft, abet slowly. I like the variety and choices of the apps. I think I finally found a home finance program I can understand and use, Gnucash after trying several other Linux offerings. Great job by whoever put this distro together.
AndyL
-
getting worried about the security issues
Hi. Am new here. I have purchased knoppix 7 from OSDisc.com; I have not received it yet. I am getting confused about the security issues relating to Knoppix. I read this in this forum: "For security issues do not use Knoppix as your main operating system ..." Ok. So how exactly do you guys use Knoppix? Purely as a rescue system? The size and the features of the Knoppix DVD is well ... huge. It can't be just as a rescue system. I do want to hold password and credit card info in the knoppix USB flash. Knoppix CD as well? Can I encrypt files in knoppix? Password protect them as well? Would that be better than my existing "small black book". I travel a lot -- oftentimes to third world countries where Internet connections are either non-existent or unreliable. I have found myself in many situations where, I cannot use my own laptop, or I don't have it with me, and I have to rely on very old computers in internet cafes, that I know are infested with viruses and malwares. I would like to use knoppix USB or knoppix cd as a place to access and store personal/critical information in those circumstances. How can I do that? Actually I'd appreciate very much some advice, or better still detailed write up on how to use knoppix in general and in particular, knoppix security. Are there any links out there? Thx, e
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00