It doesn't happened with 7.04. You have a download error.
Hi,
I downloaded http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knopp...2-08-20-DE.iso
and ran md5sum (8758cd0db7fb630b91f7818a9da0cb7a) and sha1sum (ea9dc6c3488c3d17250dde6d994db6c7a13c3b1. Both do not match the hashes that are shown in http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knopp...-20-DE.iso.md5 and
http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knopp...20-DE.iso.sha1
Can someone verify whether this is just me?
Earlier this year I got the Knoppix DVD from CEBIT with one of the linux magazines and it was giving errors regarding the hashes. Later on, Klaus acknowledged an error with those DVDs. I hope this hasn't happened again.
Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers!
It doesn't happened with 7.04. You have a download error.
.
For md5sum check,
make sure there are TWO spaces between the checksum and the filename.
Last edited by utu; 11-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Download KNOPPIX_V7.0.4DVD-2012-08-20-DE.iso and KNOPPIX_V7.0.4DVD-2012-08-20-DE.iso.md5 and
will do the job. Hint: use autocompletion within the terminal.Code:md5sum -c KNOPPIX_V7.0.4DVD-2012-08-20-EN.iso.md5
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 11-09-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: error correction
Hi!
Thank you for all the hints! I downloaded it again. The files have the exact same size. But I have another different hash. md5sum -c says that the checksum doesn't fit.
My line must be really bad. If I tried via bittorrent, should the same md5 hash file as posted on the ftp site work as well?
Thanks again!
Hi again!
I downloaded it via bittorrent. md5 and sha1 is ok now. The file has the same size as the other 2 that failed. I did a binary compare between the working file and the first file that failed and found that one hexadecimal D had turned into a 9 - from 9D to 99. After I corrected it, the md5sum -c showed OK.
Thank you for your support!
Greetings, Porteno.
See the following thread for two examples at posts #3 and #4.
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/302...ghlight=md5sum
Sorry I got these threads mixed up. utu

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736
$1000.00
128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$160.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot Of 10 Sticks Of 8gb DDR3 Modules. 5 Sets Of 2x8GB 16gb Kits. Various Speeds
$100.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00