Your CD may be currupted. Have a look in the downloading FAQ about how to check your CD.
Hey guys.. I just found out about Knoppix..
I downloaded the ISO and burned it hoping it would work... however, after some time it'll just go to a screen that says:
"Can't find Knoppix filesystem..."
I tried booting from a floopy, downloading and making a new CD but it's still the same thing. Could it be because my only drive on the computer is formatted to NTFS? (I'm running Win2k)
Thanks to anyone who can help[/i]
Your CD may be currupted. Have a look in the downloading FAQ about how to check your CD.
I checked my CD.. it runs on my other computer...
I guess I'll just run Knoppix there..
well if it works in other computer it could mean a faulty cdrom drive..
Nope...
The CD drive that's on the computer that Knoppix doesn't work on is the one I used to burn the ISO.
Just must be the NTFS thing..
I have the same issue with my IBM Thinkpad A20M. I have MD5sum checked the image to ensure it wasn't a corrupted download. The image works fine on my other systems but it locks on my laptop. Here is the exact response I get:
<
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
>
I have even tried the 'expert' boot option as well as making a floppy boot disk with the same error. I know the CD drive is good because I run Mandrake on it currently. I have a second partition on the laptop that I would like to install the KNOPPIX on but I'm stuck at this point. Any assistance would be appreciated![]()
Oh, one more thing, this has happened since ver 12-12-2002, the prior one, 12-10-2002 did actually make it to command level but could not boot the GUI. I could go back to the older version and see if I can do a HD install from that but I'm worried that it will have the same problems with the CD as I'm having now. Again, thanks in advance for any assistance.
Pace

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$139.98
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Coach Signature Embossed Leather Tobacco Tablet E-Reader Case 8”
$79.99
Vintage Macintosh Compuserve Version 1 Membership Kit PC Magazine Mac New Sealed
$999.99
Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00