-
I have the same issue
I have the same issue with my IBM Thinkpad A20M. I have MD5sum checked the image to ensure it wasn't a corrupted download. The image works fine on my other systems but it locks on my laptop. Here is the exact response I get:
<
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
>
I have even tried the 'expert' boot option as well as making a floppy boot disk with the same error. I know the CD drive is good because I run Mandrake on it currently. I have a second partition on the laptop that I would like to install the KNOPPIX on but I'm stuck at this point. Any assistance would be appreciated
Oh, one more thing, this has happened since ver 12-12-2002, the prior one, 12-10-2002 did actually make it to command level but could not boot the GUI. I could go back to the older version and see if I can do a HD install from that but I'm worried that it will have the same problems with the CD as I'm having now. Again, thanks in advance for any assistance.
Pace
Similar Threads
-
By firefly2442 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By befuddled in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
-
By Ralph in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99