Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Try to boot knoppix vm in ESXi5.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2

    Try to boot knoppix vm in ESXi5.0

    Hi everyone:
    I am a new user of knoppix.
    Few days a ago, I downloaded the newest version of Knoppix ISO file
    and used it to boot a vm in ESXi5.0.
    Everything worked perfectly then.

    Today, after I boot into desktop, I try to install Knoppix into HD.
    First, I use the utility "Gparted" to partion the vmdisk and then use the function "KNOPPIX HD install".
    When finishing the installation and rebooting the VM, it fails to boot and just hangs in "Booting the kernel"

    I don't know what's happening?
    Did I do something wrong or miss any setting?
    Can somebody help me or give me some information to resolve this problem?
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    You need to reinstall vm with IDE interface for knoppix hard disk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thank you, deemson!!!
    I successfully installed knoppix VM with IDE interface.

    Can I know how you know this resolution?
    Because when the previous vm hung, it had no other information to know what's happening.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Just from my own experiense. This is not only for ESXi but for workstation/player and virtualbox too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$462.74



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99