-
FTP server on Knoppix 7.0.4
I'm not fluent in Linux by any stretch of the imagination. However, I use Knoppix and DSL frequently in troubleshooting machines, data recovery, etc...
I would like to be more familiar so while I can think of other methods, I would like to know how to use Knoppix 7.0.4 (which I'm running for a usb stick) to start an ftp server allowing access to all of a crippled systems hard drives.
I found instructions to do so:
Code:
rm /etc/hosts.allow
rm /etc/hosts.deny
/etc/init.d/inetd restart
problem is that third command gives me 'no such file or directory.' Does knoppix 7.0.4 even use inetd?
Can someone help me learn how to do this?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55