Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: FTP server on Knoppix 7.0.4

  1. #1

    FTP server on Knoppix 7.0.4

    I'm not fluent in Linux by any stretch of the imagination. However, I use Knoppix and DSL frequently in troubleshooting machines, data recovery, etc...

    I would like to be more familiar so while I can think of other methods, I would like to know how to use Knoppix 7.0.4 (which I'm running for a usb stick) to start an ftp server allowing access to all of a crippled systems hard drives.

    I found instructions to do so:
    Code:
    rm /etc/hosts.allow
    rm /etc/hosts.deny
    /etc/init.d/inetd restart
    problem is that third command gives me 'no such file or directory.' Does knoppix 7.0.4 even use inetd?

    Can someone help me learn how to do this?

  2. #2
    Apparently the command was updated in Knoppix 5.1.1 to
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/inetd restart
    Problem is, it has the same result, 'no such file or directory.'

    Source was knoppix.net/wiki/FTP_FAQ

    I keep having the problem where any documentation I find is so outdated, it's not useful.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Knoppix 7.0.4 does not come with an FTP server, but you can start an SSH server via the Knoppix menu. You have to setup a password for the user knoppix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit picture

Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit

$49.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS picture

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS

$24.99



Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box picture

Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box

$139.00



Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply

$169.99



Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ picture

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ

$129.00



Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller

$17.99



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$260.98