Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: DVD + FDD can't Access.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101

    DVD + FDD can't Access.

    Heres's my FSTAB:

    # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
    #
    # filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
    /dev/hdg6 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    /dev/hdg5 none swap sw 0 0
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
    /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    # partitions found by Knoppix
    /dev/hdg1 /mnt/hdg1 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppi x 0 0
    #/dev/hdg1 /mnt/hda1 vfat auto,users,rw,exec,umount=0 0 0
    #/dev/hdg6 /mnt/hdg6 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
    /dev/scd0 /cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
    /dev/scd1 /cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

    I can access the CD-ROM drive and hdg1 (Windows)
    and FDD.

    DVD - Wrong fs type, blah-blah ...
    This was similar to CD-ROM , I had an UDF Disk in it - put
    an regular CD-ROM Disk and it ran it.
    The DVD-ROM has an regular CD DISK in it - but I get the Wrong fs type, etc. Error.
    I tried /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1 with no luck.

    I have chmod a+rw on ALL DVD /dev/scd0 etc. -
    No Luck.

    Thanks...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    UPDATE!

    I read another article and tried following...


    mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd1 /cdrom -o ro

    It mounted from an Terminal. How do I view files on DVD,
    and copy them.
    Also why doesn't the link on DeskTop mount DVD.
    I can't unmount DVD from DeskTop either, I presume I
    need to run some unmount command from terminal.
    I tried unmount - said command not found.

    Thanks ...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    St. Louis currently Kuwait
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCyberDude
    UPDATE!

    I read another article and tried following...


    mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd1 /cdrom -o ro

    It mounted from an Terminal. How do I view files on DVD,
    and copy them.
    Also why doesn't the link on DeskTop mount DVD.
    I can't unmount DVD from DeskTop either, I presume I
    need to run some unmount command from terminal.
    I tried unmount - said command not found.

    Thanks ...
    umount

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    Ok, I got it to unmount using umount /dev/svd1 .

    The DeskTop shows it still mounted with the little green arrow,
    but unmount was unavailable in properties.
    It was unmounted..

    I found out how to view files and copy them, after mounting from terminal with

    mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd1 /cdrom -o ro

    just click on DeskTop DVD-ROM Icon.

    Now if I could just get the DeskTop DVD-ROM Icon to connect to DVD-ROM Drive. I suspect it is an Root problem.

    Thanks ...

Similar Threads

  1. C++ and web access
    By outsider in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
  2. cant access net
    By dankehoe1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:10 AM
  3. need access to HD
    By senorian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 11:04 PM
  4. HD access possible?
    By cehjohnson in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:13 PM
  5. Can't access the internet
    By Krazy in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01 picture

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01

$84.99



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH    LOT OF 10 picture

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10

$70.00