have a Western Digital Mybook Essential external HDD 2TB which is password locked. Well with my old OS it showed me that is unlocked, but as I changed the OS it's showing that is locked, I've already tried all the possible combinations of passwords that I could remember but no luck. I'm usin Knoppix now to access the HDD somehow but I don't know how.
- fdisk -l doesn't show the HDD.
- lsusb is showing me that it's connected
In /media/sr1 appears the WD Unlocker mounted, but the HDD itself is not showing. If I can't access the HDD by bypassing the lock then it's even possible then to retrieve the data from it if I format the locked HDD?Because as I've read the hardware locked devices have a formating technique after which the data cannot be retrieved(Is this true?).

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF
$120.00