have a Western Digital Mybook Essential external HDD 2TB which is password locked. Well with my old OS it showed me that is unlocked, but as I changed the OS it's showing that is locked, I've already tried all the possible combinations of passwords that I could remember but no luck. I'm usin Knoppix now to access the HDD somehow but I don't know how.
- fdisk -l doesn't show the HDD.
- lsusb is showing me that it's connected
In /media/sr1 appears the WD Unlocker mounted, but the HDD itself is not showing. If I can't access the HDD by bypassing the lock then it's even possible then to retrieve the data from it if I format the locked HDD?Because as I've read the hardware locked devices have a formating technique after which the data cannot be retrieved(Is this true?).

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$150.00
Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95