-
Senior Member
registered user
adsl/pppoeconf not included in 7.0.4?
I observed the pre-installed packages in Synaptic, and found that pppoeconf is not available. We, the BSNL broadband users of India, need pppoeconf to get access to the internet. Alternatively, wvdial could also be used, but adsl/pppoeconf helps make the user-configuration of the "dynamically assigned IP address" based internet access easier and I am familiar to it.
Any suggestions?
Regards
Last edited by rajibando; 12-15-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Reason: grammar & language
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, rajibando!
I saw that the NetworkManager applet provides a configuration dialog on the DSL tab if you add a new connection. I do not use pppoe myself, but why is it impossible for you to create a new network connection using that applet? You can find the DSL tab if you right click on the applet and select "Edit connections ...".
Is there any lack of functionality in the NetworkManager packages delivered with Knoppix 7.0.4? In that case you should send a bug report to Klaus Knopper via his website.
-
Senior Member
registered user
adsl/pppoeconf not included in 7.0.4?

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
Greetings, rajibando!
Greetings. Thank you for your quick reply

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
...I saw that the NetworkManager applet provides a configuration dialog on the DSL tab if you add a new connection...
Yes, it was also present in my earlier debian versions, but as I said, I am familiar with pppoeconf and use it since it hides unnecessary form fields, like here, the DSL tab asks for service form to be filled up, whereas in pppoeconf this field is not present, so is the confusion associated with it
. Maybe this form is optional, but how will the lay users know it?

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
...but why is it impossible for you to create a new network connection using that applet? You can find the DSL tab if you right click on the applet and select "Edit connections ...".
Not impossible, as you can see
, but because of the reasons quoted earlier. But I should not forget to say thanks for your offer for support.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00