Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: how to mount .aes persistent file

Threaded View

  1. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Hello All, I am still stuck. 8-(

    1. Schulz suggested backing up the .img file and then restoring it to the .aes file.

    I assumed there is a Knoppix backup tool and I looked for it in the menu but I didn't find such tool. I searched google for such a tool but didn't find anything that worked on my Knoppix 7 .

    2. I also tried to mount the .aes file - to no avail. I searched this forum, and the internet, and I realized a .aes file has to be mounted in a different way.

    I booted Knoppix without mounting any persistent file, and tried the command:
    Code:
    losetup -e aes -p 0 /dev/loop6 /path/to/my/aes
    but I got the error:
    Code:
    Cannot allocate memory, couldn't lock into memory, exiting
    I also tried to mount the .aes file from my memory stick to my Ubuntu intallation, with the comand:
    Code:
    sudo mount /path/to/aes /media/aes -o encryption=aes,keybits=256,loop
    but I got the error:
    Code:
    ioctl:LOOP_SET_STATUS:Invalid argument
    3. Blacksimon suggested something with "ramdisk" and "rsync", but I am not going to try anything I don't understand, so I didn't try it. I will appreciate any assistance with tutorial about Blacksimon suggestion.

    Thanks in advance for all who are trying to assist. nopics.

    ------------------------------------
    Please use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.
    WPS
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-26-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: formatted by moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa  Power Nozzle Head Assembly. picture

Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa Power Nozzle Head Assembly.

$39.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$80.66