Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: how to mount .aes persistent file

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Hello All, I am still stuck. 8-(

    1. Schulz suggested backing up the .img file and then restoring it to the .aes file.

    I assumed there is a Knoppix backup tool and I looked for it in the menu but I didn't find such tool. I searched google for such a tool but didn't find anything that worked on my Knoppix 7 .

    2. I also tried to mount the .aes file - to no avail. I searched this forum, and the internet, and I realized a .aes file has to be mounted in a different way.

    I booted Knoppix without mounting any persistent file, and tried the command:
    Code:
    losetup -e aes -p 0 /dev/loop6 /path/to/my/aes
    but I got the error:
    Code:
    Cannot allocate memory, couldn't lock into memory, exiting
    I also tried to mount the .aes file from my memory stick to my Ubuntu intallation, with the comand:
    Code:
    sudo mount /path/to/aes /media/aes -o encryption=aes,keybits=256,loop
    but I got the error:
    Code:
    ioctl:LOOP_SET_STATUS:Invalid argument
    3. Blacksimon suggested something with "ramdisk" and "rsync", but I am not going to try anything I don't understand, so I didn't try it. I will appreciate any assistance with tutorial about Blacksimon suggestion.

    Thanks in advance for all who are trying to assist. nopics.

    ------------------------------------
    Please use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.
    WPS
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-26-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: formatted by moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$739.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Sony Ruggedized Raid PSZ-RA Thunderbolt 2 Portable RAID Array (12TB) picture

Sony Ruggedized Raid PSZ-RA Thunderbolt 2 Portable RAID Array (12TB)

$419.00