-
Knoppix stopped entering X after installing vnc4server
Hello,
my knoppix was working well, I installed vnc4server, it also worked well. Today I started the machine and to my surprise I cannot enter runlevel 5, it gets stuck. For some time tries, i.e. goes blackscreen, and then back to console with message:
# The graphical subsystem could not be startet
or terminated unexpectedly.
Maybe your graphics adapter or monitor are not auto-configurable.
Please try to reboot and give some of the Knoppix-Cheatcodes
at the initial boot:-prompt, which match your graphics adapter.
Examples:
knoppix xmodule=radeon (or ati, nv, cirrus, ...)
knoppix xmodule=fbdev
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix hsync=90 vsync=75
I don't remember doing much more that installing vnc...
I've looked around the network and didn't found any useful hints. Any ideas what my go wrong? Where to start checking?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00