Have a look at Cheatcodes and try the boot options.
Hi everyone
Question - I get to Knoppix boot screen. I wait and it goes onto boot further, cd spins and then blank sceeen it seems to stall. I am sure this is something to do with graphics ?? (or hardware?) The screen displays the Knoppix text logo in large writing and gives me options then auto boots to nothing? Any help! It is the only Linux that I can get to work to go any where with laptop.
The laptop is in question --
HP Laptop 550
Celeron Processor
Intel integrated graphics (I think?)
Have a look at Cheatcodes and try the boot options.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99