Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Save settings while booting from CD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3

    Save settings while booting from CD?

    My searching skills are obviously weak sauce and for that I'm very sorry.

    I have Windows 7 and MUST have Windows in order to run certain programs that will not run under Linux. I am planning on developing a dual boot hard drive within the next 30 to 90 days or so but for now I REALLY REALLY want to do the bulk of my usage under Knoppix but I have got to find a way to save my settings otherwise I'm screwed.

    Love Knoppix ... need a way to save all my configs and settings. Windows, meh, it runs programs I MUST have. I WILL dual boot soon, but meanwhile want to boot Knoppix from CD and want to know if there is an easy way to save configs??

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    I have more thoughts ...

    You know how you jumper hard drives to be master and slave? With today's modern HD's does that still hold true? (I'm behind the times by about 5 years but have a lot of experience before that).

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-24-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: deleted silly stuff within posting

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    How to "jumper hard drive" isn't a Knoppix specific question. Please use the search function of Google by yourself.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    .. need a way to save all my configs and settings.
    Please use the search function of the Forum for "Flash disk installation".
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Please use the search function of the Forum for "Flash disk installation".
    I would not have known to search for "flash disk installation" without this direction. Thank you for that.
    I just searched for that, and I have looked through most of the threads. Since I boot from disk that is not re-writable I am not finding the answer to my question. Since I seem to be a little lame would you be so kind as to point out a specific thread to me that might give the answer I am looking for?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



SonicWall TZ670 Hardware Firewall & VPN Security Appliance picture

SonicWall TZ670 Hardware Firewall & VPN Security Appliance

$375.00



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50