Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to delay Dropbox autostart?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should try the suggestions in the article Start shell script on Network Manager successful connection .

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think you should try the suggestions in the article Start shell script on Network Manager successful connection .
    Thank you for your quick reply. I read your suggestion in the link but admit that I am not very knowledgeable about writing scripts and not sure how to apply it to my situation. I should have been more clear in my original post. When I boot knoppix, Dropbox opens its setup procedure. I think that happens because Dropbox opens before an internet connection is established. I assume that checking the Enabled box for Dropbox in Automatically Started Applications causes a script to run which starts Dropbox. I thought that if I could add "sleep 10" to that script, it would delay Dropbox startup until internet connection was established. By delaying startup until after connection, I would not need to go through the Dropbox setup procedure each time I booted. Is this correct?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT

$225.00



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



Dell OptiPlex 5090 Micro Core i5-11500T 1.50GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Wifi picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 Micro Core i5-11500T 1.50GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Wifi

$199.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00