-
How do I fsck the fs that's on a USB key?
Recently, I decided to create a new Knoppix USB key to use for debugging, but in the process of updating various packages, I somehow created a file which is listed as having zero links. Because of the file's (non)existence, Synaptic/dpkg can't replace it or delete it, and won't allow any more updates until I do. I've tried deleting it at a command prompt, I've tried linking it to another name, but every approach I try causes complaints either that it doesn't exist, or that it already exists. I think running fsck would fix it, but these files apparently aren't stored in an actual *nix filesystem, but rather in a file in the USB key's FAT filesystem. How can I mount this pseudo-filesystem from another CD or USB key version of Knoppix to run a fsck on it? I'd really like to avoid starting from scratch and redoing all the configuration that I've already done to this USB key.
[Note that my question has nothing to do with fixing another OS (as many people, including myself, use Knoppix USB keys for); what I'm talking about right now is fixing the Knoppix installation on the USB key itself.]
[Also, if it matters, I used pendrivelinux.com to make this USB key instead of Knoppix's own "copy to USB" scripts, so that I wouldn't have to burn a DVD as an intermediate step, when I'd only need to use the DVD once to create the USB.]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00