Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Flash to USB installer (experimental) in 7.0.5

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Blacksimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    93
    assuming you have created an encrypted partition of 5GB and copied from the old knoppix-data.aes all the content, now I wonder ...
    having more available space on USB, this partition can be increased in size as it can usually be done with the file knoppix-data.aes?

    Yes, you could make it larger since the beginning .... but that's not the point .... it is curious to know if it is feasible ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    I am back and still confused.
    When I started this thread (post #1), I called for help when I could not use the Knoppix installer (experimental version) to install Knoppix 7.0.5 to a Sandisk Ultra 32GB with the 'p' option.
    I tokk another USB key, this time a Sandisk Ultra 16GB. The 'p' option worked like a breeze, giving me an ovverlay of almost 12GB.
    Does it mean that my Sandisk Ultra 32GB is rotten? Probably not, because it allowed me to install with the 'i' option. Note, howeer, that Knoppix at first refused to boot. I had the FAT32 partition checked by GParted and rebooted : all OK now and Knoppix gladly created the traditional 4GB persistent image.
    Where do I/we go from there?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00