-
Senior Member
registered user
I also appreciate the reference list, blacksimon!
But reading through much of it, I only got my impression about the noimage approach confirmed. That will use the adaptations already built into Knoppix in an optimal way, I think. And people shy of remastering, can use utu's overlay approach to minimize persistent store space. (Actually, overlays+occasional remasterings might be a very good scheme.)
My own motive for working with this now isn't so much media wear as system robustness and efficiency. Media writes is the most costly, in terms of time and resources, and least predictable kind of operation I perform running Knoppix, so having a way to control them would greatly facilitate flexibility. Like running Knoppix off the micro sd card in my mobile phone (which worked well last time I tried, but a bit too slow writes then..)
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
running Knoppix off the micro sd card in my mobile phone
.
I'm sharing my old Knoppix SD-cards now with my Panasonic point-and-shoot camera.
Hadn't thought about booting it up.;D
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517
$1249.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99