-
Knoppix 7.05 flash install - drive not recognised by BIOS
I've tried making a USB flash drive from Knoppix 7.05 but I can't get the drive recognised (to boot from it - I can see the drive in OpenSuse) on 2 out of the 3 computers I've tried. On the 2 it fails on, it does not show up on F12 for boot menu or on listing the hard drives in the BIOS settings.
The PC it works on is an AMD dual core with a FoxConn motherboard.
I can't get it to work with my Fujitsu Siemens Li1705 laptop and my desktop PC which has a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard which now (I've just updated it - hoping that might fix it) has the latest (30 Dec 2012) BIOS installed.
I have tried two flash drives, a 16GB ByteStor and a 32GB Transcend Jetstream with the same results. Both of these drives will boot an OpenSUSE 12.2 Live KDE CD image on my desktop PC (I didn't try the laptop).
I have tried both the Koppix CD and the DVD installs following the on screen instructions.
Any ideas?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99