-
Thanks. I just checked my laptop with an OpenSuse USB install and that is recognised and boots OK. So both my computers that can't see Knoppix USB install for booting can boot from USB.
As for age, the laptop is getting on a bit and perhaps there still could be some age issues with it but the motherboard in the other PC is only 1 year old and now has a BIOS that's only 1 month old.
Thanks for the CD boot suggestion. I'm sure that would work but really I'm looking for a persistent (btw, OpenSUSE fails on that for me - works fine just live but my quad core PC seems to grind to a halt with the overlay...) USB drive that would work on most PCs I come across without the need to have a CD and (as things stand and perhaps I'm just unlucky with what I have here to try) a 2/3 failure rate is not too encouraging for that.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00