-
I have used the install from the text install on the CD and both options from the menus in graphics mode and allowed the installation to sort out its own partitioning.
Try:
- Create with 'Preferences=> Gparted': Partition #1, maximum size, unformatted
- Select 'Knoppix=> Install Knoppix to flash disk' (not "experimental version"!)
- Select as desired target device the flash device
- Answer "Format partition?" with "Yes"
- Let Knoppix create an "Overlay"-file
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 01-04-2013 at 07:32 AM.
-
Sorry for the delay in replying I got a bit careless with GParted...

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
Try:
- Create with 'Preferences=> Gparted': Partition #1, maximum size, unformatted
- Select 'Knoppix=> Install Knoppix to flash disk' (not "experimental version"!)
- Select as desired target device the flash device
- Answer "Format partition?" with "Yes"
- Let Knoppix create an "Overlay"-file
I thought I'd done that a couple of times in my attempts but maybe I didn't, and I'm a bit puzzled but...
Anyway, following your instructions.
Laptop is now booting from CD and DVD flash drive installs. It has worked with both my 16 and 32GB drives.
I still can't get my desktop PC with the Gigabyte motherboard to boot from either flash drive.
-
Senior Member
I encountered a similar problem with my Intel Desktop. Whereas my other PCs only require me to use the F12 key to choose a USB flash card as the boot device, or to place it first in the boot configuration, the Intel PC chooses to consider flash devices greater than 4GB (or maybe it's 2GB?) as drives. In order to have such devices appear in the boot configuration lineup, you have to rearrange them first in the drive lineup (because only so many places are available, IIRC). This is all a bit fuzzy because it's been a few months since I last dealt with this problem.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

computer memory ddr4 SDRAM
$300.00

*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4
$674.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00