-
Junior Member
Cannot set static IP address in Knoppix 7
I often boot to Knoppix 2 (the command-line) on a network without DHCP that I administer. Up through Knoppix 6, I always set a static IP address by appending the following to /etc/network/interfaces:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.0.0.200
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.0.0.1
Then, I would bring it up:
ifup eth0
portmap (I now am using "rpcbind" instead since portmap is renamed in Knoppix 7)
rpc.statd
This has always worked for me the in the past using pre-version 7 Knoppix and portmap. Now it works, but only for 15 seconds or so before the interface falls down. Both the presence of an IPv4 address in "ifconfig" and pinging reveal that. I can even bring eth0 up and "ping -c 40 10.0.0.1", then watch it ping successfully the first few times and get some "address not routable" error thereafter!
I've also tried the boot cheats "nodhcp" and "ip=10.0.0.200" to no avail. Is my procedure for static IPs out of date? Or have I encountered a bug in Knoppix 7?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Team-Group T-force 2x8GB Desktop Memory
$50.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00