-
Knoppix start through Grub2 (Grub PC) possible?
Hi
As my CD drive doesn't work any more, I am interesting in distro where it would be possible to start and use the ISO directly from Harddisk. The distro has to have KDE4 and if possible Koffice or Calligra (especially words as I am using word processing daily). Is that to find in Knoppix?
What text is to add in /boot/grub/grub.cfg ?
Kind regards
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would think this is a good case for grub2, if you really insist on running from the ISO. Calligra isn't included in 7.0.5 DVD, but you can install it. LibreOffice is, it might be worth trying for you.
If I were you, I would have used a Poor Man's Install instead of running off the ISO image. You could, for example, create a flash install of the DVD version with a PC with intact drive, let Knoppix setup a persistent store on it, and then copy it all to a harddisk partition. If you then boot from the USB drive, Knoppix will find and use the files on the harddisk een without you instructing it to do.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72