-
Junior Member
Text-mode mounting of NTFS volume causes XAUTHORITY error
I often boot to Knoppix 2 (the command-line). Up through Knoppix 6, I always mounted an NTFS volume first thing after getting to the command prompt:
Code:
mkdir /mnt/sda1
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 -t ntfs -v -o noatime,utf8
Now, in Knoppix 7.0.5, on both the CD and DVD versions, I get the following error after attempting the mount:
Code:
No access to local display (XAUTHORITY=), exiting.
Booting to the Knoppix GUI and performing the same commands from a terminal window works, but I can't see why I can't mount NTFS without the GUI. Am I missing something?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$1749.99

Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16
$116.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99