-
Junior Member
After testing, I can confirm that the error occurs whenever I boot "knoppix 2", but never when I boot into the GUI, even after running "init 2" from a root terminal in the GUI. I expected "init 2" to close the GUI and kick me back to text mode (same as "knoppix 2"), but it didn't and had no visible effect whatsoever. I'm not convinced that "init 2" breaks XAUTHORITY after the GUI has already started. For now, I'm booting to the GUI and doing my business in a root terminal window. I would still love to get this fixed in text mode.
As far as automating my mounts, I run Knoppix from a DVD in various Windows boxes that I maintain. So that is not an option for me, thanks though.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29