I wonder if a firmware update is available and might help.
Thanks for your comments, Capricorny.
I don't understand this part.
I'm groping to understand this n-mode situation.
Is it possible all this activity is part of the design?
It feels like my n-mode gives slightly better overall performance than g-mode,
but with a lot of unexpected disconnect/reconnect activity in n-mode.
This activity seems about the same with 5 neighbors or 15 online, and noone on
my channel.
I wonder if a firmware update is available and might help.
Thanks for the link, Rusty.
I had already brought this in via the router's console program.
Doesn't help my n-mode problem.
Am switching to its g-mode for a while to compare with my Verizon router.
This particular router was offered at half price, about $20, over Christmas through
many internet sellers. There may be a message in that.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98