Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: knoppix-terminalserver NOT AUTHENTICATED

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnthebum View Post
    Ok. You ignore them, but do they ignore you?
    You have a point, but with Klaus K the distrutor, and my need 98% met with the CD version,
    I feel pretty safe. Safer than if I started 'pruning things'. I always get my dependencies screwed
    up when I try that. No two people ever agree on a 'minimum' distro. Klaus K comes awfully
    close to my selection with the Knoppix CD iso.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    You have a point, but with Klaus K the distrutor, and my need 98% met with the CD version,
    I feel pretty safe. Safer than if I started 'pruning things'. I always get my dependencies screwed
    up when I try that. No two people ever agree on a 'minimum' distro. Klaus K comes awfully
    close to my selection with the Knoppix CD iso.
    Just discovered I was on 7.0.4. So now i'm downloading 7.0.5. Should I upgrade everything once I've done that?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    705 _IS_ the upgrade to 704. The work is all done for you.
    New, late kernel and all its dependencies and unique patches.
    Most apps upgraded to the latest.
    Plus a completely new reiserfs option for persistence.

    Soon after CeBIT in March will be yet another new Knoppix upgrade,
    probably to 7.1 or so.

    My advice, FWIW:
    DO NOT try to 'further upgrade' by any means until you
    get familiar with Klaus K's own upgrade cycle.
    He's usually 'way ahead of most of us.
    Selectively tinker with those areas you are yourself expert in, but not
    the OS itself, is my advice unless your are yourself very OS-experienced.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM picture

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM

$550.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55