-
synaptic missing authentication tab
when i click settings/repositories i dont have authentication so i cant import a key file. How do i do that without reverting to the terminal?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I started synaptic package management and reloaded the package information. Then I installed the package software-properties-gtk and its dependencies. In the 'Settings' menu I selected 'Repositories' and got a dialog window with five tabs. One tab is called 'Authentication' and allows you to import a key file.
-

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
I started synaptic package management and reloaded the package information. Then I installed the package software-properties-gtk and its dependencies. In the 'Settings' menu I selected 'Repositories' and got a dialog window with five tabs. One tab is called 'Authentication' and allows you to import a key file.
Did that and it works. Thanks.
Why is this not included by default in the knoppix cd?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95