-
Chaning encryption password
Probably a simple question, but I searched everywhere how to do this and cannot find a way.
I installed knoppix 7 to a usb stick with encrypted persistant home directory of 4gb. While installing it asked me for a password for the encryption. Is it possible to change this password after installation? Everything is working fine, can boot using the password I typed, but want to change it since it is not safe enough.
Thanx in advance.
-
Member
I know only a way:
recreate a new encrypted overlay with a more strong passfrase
If you want then you could copy your data from the old to the new overlay
if you want to enhance security then you could create an encrypted file with another passphrase to use as a container for sensitive data (passwords, credit card codes, personal photo, etc.) within the same overlay. I like matryoshka !!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$139.00

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i3-13100T CPU 13th Gen SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor
$105.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99