-
Chaning encryption password
Probably a simple question, but I searched everywhere how to do this and cannot find a way.
I installed knoppix 7 to a usb stick with encrypted persistant home directory of 4gb. While installing it asked me for a password for the encryption. Is it possible to change this password after installation? Everything is working fine, can boot using the password I typed, but want to change it since it is not safe enough.
Thanx in advance.
-
Member
I know only a way:
recreate a new encrypted overlay with a more strong passfrase
If you want then you could copy your data from the old to the new overlay
if you want to enhance security then you could create an encrypted file with another passphrase to use as a container for sensitive data (passwords, credit card codes, personal photo, etc.) within the same overlay. I like matryoshka !!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00