-
Chaning encryption password
Probably a simple question, but I searched everywhere how to do this and cannot find a way.
I installed knoppix 7 to a usb stick with encrypted persistant home directory of 4gb. While installing it asked me for a password for the encryption. Is it possible to change this password after installation? Everything is working fine, can boot using the password I typed, but want to change it since it is not safe enough.
Thanx in advance.
-
Member
I know only a way:
recreate a new encrypted overlay with a more strong passfrase
If you want then you could copy your data from the old to the new overlay
if you want to enhance security then you could create an encrypted file with another passphrase to use as a container for sensitive data (passwords, credit card codes, personal photo, etc.) within the same overlay. I like matryoshka !!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260200)
$29.99

Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac
$69.99

Apple Macintosh 512K Vintage Compact Desktop Computer Classic Mac
$197.00

1991 Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac System Disks 914-0363-B Software tidbits 7.0.1
$24.95

1991 Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac System 7 6 Disks 914-0363-B Software 7.1 tidbit
$24.95

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED
$199.00

Vintage Apple Mac A1048 White Wired Full Size Keyboard w/ 2 USB Ports TESTED
$22.89

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$224.10